Friday, October 30, 2015

"Let Them Eat Cake" but I'll have some wine please"...

The scale has not moved, I am still at a stall at 226 lbs., but I have lost 2 1/2 more inches since last week.  I had my VSG surgery 5 months ago yesterday and I have lost a total of 32 1/2 inches all over my body so far.  This is why it's good to measure yourself and not just rely on the scale.  I have been walking 2.5 miles on my lunch hour 3 days a week.  I think that is helping.  I started taking Turmeric supplements and I feel much better in my joints. I can seriously feel the difference when I don't take it.

For my fellow females out there, (Boys may want to click away for this part : o)  I must report that if you are over 40 and possibly approaching or are in Perimenopause, a large amount of weight-loss has been known to speed up menopause.  I am there and my body is doing it's "LAST FINALE" before my dusty uterus and ovaries take their last bow.  BLOODY HELL, are my girly parts in protest. 

This Halloween weekend, I am a vampires dream come true.  My cycle has been sporadic since I had VSG surgery and I was really hoping it would just go away for good.  I almost went to the ER yesterday because I thought I was bleeding to death. I lost so much blood in a 24 hour period (pun intended) that I was lightheaded and almost blacked out.  My doctor told me to take 800 mgs. of Motrin and if it got worse, she would prescribe something to help slow it down.  I had my hormones tested and had an Ultrasound on my uterus 2 weeks ago.  I'll get the results on Tuesday.  In the meantime, I'm fucking starting on Bio-Identical Progesterone tonight.

This is why alcohol was invented, for life phases like this.  Spod-Dee-O-Dee, Motrin & a Multi vitamin for me this entire weekend is on my agenda.  If I'm going to feel like shit, I am going to at least have a good reason.  Empty calories I know, but my mental and emotional health are important too.  Laughter and hanging with goofy friends dressed up like Gawd Knows What should fix what's ailing me.


I have a long list of Halloween parties to attend this fun weekend ahead.  I have a fabulous Marie Antoinette costume to wear, I'm baking some alcohol cakes.  Marie will, "LET EVERYONE EAT CAKE," but in my current state, maybe going as something scary would be more appropriate.

My "Bloody Mary" costume may be better.
The Fresh Celery Head Piece makes the outfit.

I'm still on track my friends.  Hoping to break this 
weight loss stall and get to 219 soon.

I ended up going as Marie Antoinette!
Halloween 2015 - "LET THEM EAT CAKE!" 
I baked a couple Rum cakes.
I almost lost my head.  
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment