Friday, November 13, 2015

57 pounds Lost so far!

I did it!  I broke my 4 week weight-loss stall!  FINALLY.  I weighed myself this morning and I am 224lbs. A loss of 57 lbs. total so far.  But I got to say, I feel much smaller now.  I have lost one more inch total. 1/2 on my hips and thighs.  I had my doctor check up this week and...

My blood pressure is normal 
for the first time in 20 years!

I'm doing some big cooking soon.  Thanksgiving I am Deep Frying a 17 lb. Turkey. For my birthday, I am throwing my own party and making dinner for 30 and Smoking a 22 lb. Prime Rib Roast, filming the crab horror movie sequel followed by an epic house MUSIC JAM PARTY, with some amazingly talented friends from La Honda, CA!

Christmas Eve, it's Pennsylvania Dutch & Polish appetizers and New Years Day - It's Cafe Du Monde Beignets, Cafe au Lait's & Champagne Cocktails.  I really love the holidays.  This will be my first one with a new tiny tummy.  As long as I stick to Protein first, Veggies second and Carbs 3rd, I am solid.

I remember looking at the calendar before I had this VSG surgery.  I asked myself, "How much weight will I lose before my birthday?"  "How will I feel if I am 60 pounds lighter by December 13, 2015?"  Well friends, I am 3 pounds from that goal, and it's only November 13th.  In one more month, I hope to be able to say I lost 60 pounds - my first goal achievement.   

I FEEL FANTASTIC!  It feels even better when I bump into people I haven't seen in years and they drop their jaw in amazement at my change.  It feels better then I imagined it would.  

I can't tell you the last time 
I felt this much JOY!

That is what weight-loss and getting my body back in balance again means to me.  Joy, Happiness and allowing myself to be free to do all the things I was too big or in pain to do in the past.  My weight-loss goal is REALLY about getting out there and doing things and seeing and exploring THE WORLD in all of it's beauty and richness!  Beside fitting on a roller-coaster ride, I want to SCUBA DIVE!  I was too fat to do that before.

Being able to open my heart and drink in all of the beauty and joy that each lucky moment I get to still have on the planet. Improving the quality of life EVERYDAY because I can now sleep again without Sleep Apnea.  I can walk up stairs without feeling like I am going to collapse.  

I feel lovable!  

This hard work and success is allowing me to forgive myself and let go of my past failures and move forward into a lighter and brighter future.  It's more than hope, it's LOVE and finally accepting myself. I am giving myself the nurturing and care I have needed and neglected for so very long.  I once felt like a lost cause.  WELL I AM NOT LOST ANYMORE. 

I have only 79 more to lose 
until my goal weight of 145 lbs.
I once had to lose 136 pounds.... that sounded daunting.  But 79 more?  
Just a little bit at a time consistently and I will be there soon.

 I'M HAPPY!
IF I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment