Friday, December 18, 2015

28 Weeks VSG Post-Op 61 lbs & 39 inches Lost so far!

I honestly can't believe it but I lost another pound as of this morning!  I ate all kinds of stuff over my big birthday weekend and drank eggnog, ate cake, and indulged a bit.  I thought for sure I would gain weight.  BUT NO!  I lost one more pound and lost another inch total.  I didn't eat a lot, but I tasted a little bit of everything.  I do have to say, I feel better when I eat protein first.  If I don't, I feel that empty hunger feeling, but nothing like I used too - they removed my Ghrelin "Hunger hormone" in the VSG surgery, it is certainly not the same.  I eat mostly, eggs, meat, soups and salads. 

220 lbs.  61 pound and 39 inches lost so far!

VSG and the holidays are easy right now because I'm still in the honeymoon phase.  Come 2016, I need to really focus on getting down to my goal weight of 145 lbs.  It may take me a year or so, but I am okay with that.  The most important part is my heart arrhythmia has gone away, I have normal blood pressure for the first time in 20 years and I no longer have sleep apnea.

I have more energy, feel younger and can do a lot more active fun things without the pain I used to experience everyday.  I still have some back, knee and joint pain, but it doesn't stop me from going out like it once did.  The quality of my life is much better overall.  I am only half way to my goal weight.  I am sure once I get small, I will be feeling much better.

I will be stepping up my work-outs to get toned and getting a sexy hunky personal trainer to show me the basics and getting my own treadmill will be something I am adding to my weekly and daily routine come 2016. 

IT'S ALL ABOUT STAYING MOTIVATED!




No comments:

Post a Comment