Friday, April 1, 2016

10 month ~ VSG Post Op Update...

I gained a pound since last week, but lost another inch on my tummy.  My weight-loss is slow but steady.  I stopped the 16/8 intermittent fasting protocols for a week, and really see and feel the difference.  I need to get through this weigh-loss stall, so back on I go.

I seems easier for me to stay on a Keto (HFLC) diet 5 days during my work week. The weekends are when I mix it up a bit.  I am not strictly in ketosis all the time, but I am considering it until I get down to 195.  I REALLY want to get there soon.

Even with a tiny tummy, you still are dealing with choosing WHAT to eat.  The how much is taken care of for you because of the size of your tummy.  Emotional eating is still an issue, but the high fat low carb diet is really helping with that.  I have been making my own lunches and bringing them to work so I don't eat the fruit, bagels and pizza they always have at the office.

I feel like this year I need to put my head down and work hard to get through this change.  It's much easier with a tiny tummy.  I do get hungry, but nothing like I used to.  I see this as the 10 month REAL adjustment to weight-loss surgery.  I am half way to my goal and am determined to get lean and trim and healthier.  After I hit 145 lbs. it will be maintenance.  Getting to my goal is the challenge.  I WILL GET THERE.

I gave myself 2 years to get there.  Most people make there goal by then and maintain it.  I know 145 lbs. is low for me, I expect to gain some back after this new body set point is maintained.  I just want to feel good in my skin, be out of pain and get to wear great clothes in my normal size.  I NEVER WILL SHOP AT LANE GIANT AGAIN.


No comments:

Post a Comment