Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy 2017 my friends!

Hi Boy & Girls and Undecided,

It's time to give yall' my monthly progress report.  I had gained a little as expected over my birthday celebrations and the holidays, but am 5 pounds down since my last post.  Yay!

Every morning, I try on this one new cute little winter jacket I bought that I have not been able to fit into, by a long shot...  I mean like it was way too small and no where close to buttoning.  This morning I was able to button the top button.  That is what's a trip about a ketogenic diet. You lose more inches than pounds.

My Ketonix breath tester broke and I am sending it back to be repaired.  I have been using the ketone test strips and they show that I am in deep ketosis.  It gives me reassurance I'm on track, and the jacket proves it.  Once I am in deep ketosis, it feels like I am losing around one to two inches all over per week.  It's crazy amazing.

More than anything, I feel good on many levels eating ketogenic lifestyle.  I know it's not for everyone, but it really works for me, especially with a tiny tummy.  My head is clear, my gut is calm, I sleep better.  I don't have cravings like I used to.  I am not hungry every 3 hours like I used to be.  I feel more grounded emotional and energetically great.  I am on track. Keto is the best thing besides my sleeve that I have ever done for my overall health!  My sleeve helps me not overeat. Eating keto, helps me feel awesome everyday!

My goal is to keep losing an average of one pound per week on Keto until I reach my goal weight, to get down between 145 - 155 lbs. long term and than maintenance after that.  That means in 19 months, I should be at 155 lbs.  It's slow but steady.  I am glad I found a food lifestyle that makes me feel good, where I don't feel deprived, can drink hard alcohol on the weekends and eat bacon whenever I want. : )

I make it a point to not drink Monday - Thursdays, but Friday is my party night.  I live in San Francisco, and the options are endless here for fun. When I order a drink in a bar, it's Champagne, Prosecco or a nice glass of Malbec wine or my go to is Cuba Libra Diet for happy hour.  I do love vodka. I am a Grey Goose Le Citron Martini girl.  I am not on a diet, I am living a Keto Lifestyle, so being able to live and do pleasurable things including drinking on some weekends, makes my lifestyle enjoyable and sustainable.  When I go to some parties, I have been known to bring my own organic sugar-free cocktail mixers.

I am aware that other Sleevers out there have had much more weight loss than me and faster.  I am okay with where I am and trust in my process.  I am learning as I go.  Fat fasting and intermittent fasting protocols have been helpful to blow through a weight loss plateau.

I also wanted to report that since my full hysterectomy 4 months ago and the experience of being in full ovarian shut down even after keeping my healthy ovaries, being on the HRT patch has most likely helped and hindered my progress.  Hormones play a huge role in ones metabolism and well being.  I am feeling balanced, happy. I am not having mood swings, night seats, hot flashes or depression at all.

It's all about quality of life.  I know I'm at an age where I am in full bloom, and my petals may begin so slowly fall off for the next 30 years so to speak.  Accepting and loving myself as I morph into each phase of me and role I choose to create to express me with from here on out, it's all about the quality of each moment. THE QUALITY OF LIFE.  For me that requires, Music, Art and Debauchery with wonderful people to share it all with!

My weight-loss journey was not about food.  It's been about finding new ways to comfort and soothe myself, accept my body and love myself where I am at, flaws and all.  

Over all, it's been about creating a life I don't need to take a vacation from. This means I have developed good solid boundaries and have learned how to say no.  Managing the stress and still working full time while I pursue my hearts passion of jazz, glamping and designing. They bring me joy.

I am being patient with myself and compassionate, but I am not slacking either.  Part of trusting oneself is about earning respect and actually following through with your goals, and celebrating your own personal victories.  These have been the keys to a happier life.  I want to thank you for following along with me on this journey.  I wish you luck with your new goals for 2017.

It's all a big experiment, this thing we call life.  If you find something that works for you, stick with it.  I know for me, if it's convenient, I will do it.  I have been drinking 32 ozs. of water daily, and that was something I never did in 2016.   Your focus and intention creates your way.

IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN!
TALK TO YOU IN FEBRUARY!





No comments:

Post a Comment