Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I done did it!

6/27/15 

LETTER TO MY FRIENDS THE DAY BEFORE MY VSG SURGERY:


Dear Friends,

I promised you all that my fabulous support friend who will be by my side, Catherine Boyd would make sure to let you know how it went as soon as I am out of surgery this Friday 5/29, so I am sending out this email for her to be able to Reply All to you to let you know how I'm doing. (She speaks Spanish and can demand high grade pain killers if needed, heck yea she can. : )  We get back from Mexico Monday to SFO at 8:05pm. 

I'm excited, nervous and hopeful that this (VSG Surgery) will help bring relief to my weight related health issues and improve the quality of the rest of my life.  

After Friday I will be known as "Triple T" - Tiny Tummy Taylor.  I will be on a liquid diet for a week for my tiny tummy to heal, then onto thick liquids and then onto mushy baby foods and then on July 4th, I will see if I can tolerate small soft normal foods again.  I will be only able to eat around 3 to 4 ounces of food per meal.  I'll be the cheapest date EVER!

I can't drink and eat at the same time, and need to stay away from carbonated beverages for a long time.  Tragically, this includes beer, but I am fine with giving up home brew for a chance to have a small waist size again long term.

It may take me a couple years to get to my goal weight, and you my pals, will get the chance to witness my life change up close and personal.  I hope that down the road one night at some party, when I sing "I've got my Mo Jo Working", it will mean something entirely new.

I love you and will see you all soon.

Love,

Triple T the soon to be incredible shrinking woman.

6/2/15

I just got home from Mexico last night. I went and had VSG surgery, so that makes me officially 4 days post-op today. I was having some serious weight related health issues, so I found a top surgeon in Mexico, and paid out of pocket for the surgery.  It cost a quarter of what this surgery costs in the U.S. and no insurance hassles to deal with.

Here is the photo of my new tiny tummy 
on Sunday during the Barium X-Ray....
AIN'T IT ADORABLE!?!
A normal size stomach holds up to 1 liter or more of food, mine holds about 4 ounces. Look at it in comparison with the size of my spine?  I'm now the "Cheapest dinner date ever!"  From here on out, I am the incredible shrinking woman, and it's staying off this time. This new tool will help me knock off the big weight loss I need to lose within the next year or so.  It's a mindful eating lifestyle change and the assurance that I will never be THAT FAT LADY WITH A BEAUTIFUL FACE again.

I'm putting together a video of my experience and weight loss journey and will share it down the road a ways....

For anyone out there considering VSG surgery, a great surgeon in Mexico that is affordable and has a 100% track record and or just want to see a woman get her Mo Jo back over time, WRITE ME A NOTE, I'd be happy to answer any and all of your questions.

STAY TUNED FOR MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY PROGRESS REPORTS!
Here are my stats:
Surgery Date: 5/29/15
Day 1 - Surgery Weight: 281 
Day 4 Post-Op - Current Weight: 269
Goal Weight: 145
I'll start recording them on the side bar to show my updated progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment