Friday, September 11, 2015

PEOPLE CAN CHANGE! I am proof anyone can change themselves!

Yes folks, I'm still losing steadily.  I jumped on the scale this morning and it read 232lbs.  My surgery day weight was 281lbs. 15 weeks ago from today.  OMG, it's working!

I HAVE LOST EXACTLY 49 POUNDS SO FAR!

I am only 87 lbs. away from making my goal of 145lbs.  I am getting used to my new style of eating.  I do not deprive myself of anything.  I still cook lavish fun dinners, glamorously camp and BBQ wild fun food in impossible terrains with funny musical friends,  and still am a foodie that loves to entertain.  I still bake cakes and cookies and still drink (mostly Vodka w/Pomegranate juice, when I do) on the weekends, just very small amounts.  I can drink coffee again without it hurting my tummy, That is AWESOME.  I can really feel and see the difference in my size and body overall.

This is my big health change year.  I finally qualified for health insurance with my employment and found a local primary care doctor in my little seaside town.  I went in for a routine general medical exam and am getting my first Mammogram Screening, Lab work including - CBC, TSH, Free T4, Comp metabolic panel, Lipid Panel, HGBA1C, HSCRP, Vitamin D25OH, Vitamin B12, Mg, Estrogen, Progesterone and FSH tested.  I am also finally getting a Pelvic Ultrasound and a Colonoscopy. I'm getting a baseline for THE WORKS.  I want to get the real numbers as my body adjusts to the new body weight set point when I reach my goal and begin maintenance.

What I am noticing is the little things that are changing.  For overweight struggling others out there who may be reading this, imagine not getting winded as much walking up a flight of stairs.  I am no longer feeling the need to wear a jacket to hide my stomach and lack of waistline.  I have more energy and my mind is clearer.  I feel stronger.  I am thinking faster and quicker.  I can fit in a movie theater seat comfortably.  I stop eating when I am full, because I don't want to feel sick.  I literally can not overeat.  This is very comforting.  Things I wore before are WAY TOO BIG on me now.  I am enjoying shopping and trying new clothes on.  My feet don't ache at the end of the day like they used to.  I am noticing my attitude is better about myself.  I have a new sense of freedom of expression and acceptance.  This is giving me a natural sense of ambition to go for things I never would have considered before. I am making better decisions everyday.  I think my life direction is improving because of this.

It is amazing how just a couple of degrees of change along your path, can take you to an entirely new direction - FOR THE BETTER. WHO KNOWS WHAT'S NEXT?!

My life purpose is all about creating BEAUTY, FUN, COMMUNITY, AND FREEDOM, with Music, Food, Art and hopefully LOVE will be added to this mix somewhere down the road.

People can change.  PEOPLE REALLY CAN CHANGE THEMSELVES.  Let me be an example.  If I can do it, ANYONE CAN.


But for some of us SEEING THE SIZE OF YOUR ASS SHRINK makes a HUGE difference. :  )



 

No comments:

Post a Comment