Friday, October 2, 2015

Ugly duckling becoming a swan....

So I got on the scale this morning to give my weekly VSG Post-Op update.  I have not really exercised much since my kitty died. I was hesitant to get on the scale.  My hope was to have made it from the 230's at least to 229lbs.  Guess what?

4 months ago I weighed 281 lbs.
Today I weigh 228 lbs.!  
That is a total loss of 53 pounds so far!  

I feel way smaller in my clothes too.  I have lost a couple more inches.  See my measurements on the side bar.  I am almost to my halfway point to my goal weight.  I started this journey with 136 lbs to lose total.  68 lbs. is the half way point, and I'm only 15 lbs. away from that.

I know I need to start a serious work-out routine to get as much flab firmed up as possible.  Once I make my goal, I will most likely look into a boobie lift and possibly a tummy tuck, we will see.  The medical spa packages are affordable.

I want to also say something that I am noticing.  People are treating me very different than when I was fat.  Men are going out of there way to open doors for me, talk to me, flirt with me and also, woman are just plain nicer to me now.  People in general are more receptive to me.  I am noticing people in general are taking notice of me.  It's strange on some level because only 4 1/2 months ago, I was fat as hell and I looked pretty unhealthy, like I had just let myself go.  I HAD.

If you have never been over 100 pounds overweight, you should never give a fat person weight-loss advise.  Don't even try, unless you yourself have been there and had success long term.  You sound like a patronizing asshole no matter how sincere or kind you are.  Being REALLY overweight is overwhelming when it's a huge daunting number.  Fatties like me, who have tried every diet and weight-loss program can lose weight great, BUT KEEPING IT OFF WAS THE CHALLENGE.

I always gained it all back plus 20 lbs.  Over the years, it got so discouraging, I just had to stop the dieting madness.  Anytime I swallowed any food, I had anxiety.  People were mean.  If I didn't order salad while we all went out to lunch or dinner together, there was judgement and criticizing behind my back.  WELL FUCK YOU people who did that to me for the past 10 years - and YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.  Fat discrimination in our culture sucks in general, but when it is your family and friends - it's just plain mean and defeats the purpose. It makes it even worse.


My weight-loss success feels good on many levels.  I think I am entering into that place in my weight-loss that is transforming from the ugly duckling into a swan kind of feeling.  What beauty I had was being hidden before, is now beginning to show on my physical form.  I am beginning to feel in balance.  I am sure that when I do make my goal weight, people may not even recognize me.  Isn't it weird how much image and identity plays a part in our lives? 

My ego is still the same lame chattering thing it always was, but I am still that quiet soft kind spark of light animating this floppy skin suit around for a few more years. I gotta take care of this meat bag so the quality of life from here on out will be as good as I can make it. 

Being lighter on my feet feels much better overall physically and emotionally.

So if you are reading this and are as fat as hell and just can't take it anymore- VSG surgery is a great solution for BIG NUMBER weight-loss.   I figure once I make my goal of 145 lbs. (which actually may be to low for my size, we will see)  I will gain some back and my body will settle into it's new weight set point long term.  Having a tiny tummy has been the best tool for big time weight-loss and we will see how it goes long term.  I heard some people have gained their weight back, but most VSGers people do not. I am going to make sure I don't.  I can still be the bartender and "Glamorously Camp" and stay on plan.

 IT'S WORKING!




2 comments: