Friday, July 29, 2016

Can a VW Bus break your heart?

Yes, yes it can...

I'm one pound heavier today, which is shocking because I found myself "Stress Eating" this week, I expected much more.  Living with all of these horrible symptoms daily, waiting for my consultation appointment for major surgery, while working at a wild biotech start-up that is growing fast - which means I wear many hats and I'm lucky if I eat at all most days.  I love my job, it is exciting and I work with really smart fun people.  My days fly by and it keeps me distracted from feeling like such crap, as I do right now with these girly parts in protest.

I focus on the positive and fun things 
to get me through the hard times.

Until even those fun positive things end up stressful and disappointing too. Tuesday night, my VW Bus broke down on the freeway entrance of 101 south during rush hour traffic.  I was taking it to Ken Hicks house to have him begin stripping the interior to begin the interior restoration.  It just died, no warning lights, nothing.  It acted like a generator belt broke.  I just got it back 3 weeks ago and have hardly driven it.  It's a weekend vehicle mostly, that will soon become a show car.  (Well that's the plan : )

I towed it to Tassi VW in Colma and these guys said the engine was seized and that I should take it back to the guy who just rebuilt the motor 3 weeks ago.  Here we fucking go again.  On Wednesday, AAA towed it back up to Sacramento for Jeff at Chet & Cliff's VW Garage to figure out what went wrong.  Most likely a faulty part again.  Old bus, old parts - this shit happens.  Jeff is awesome and will figure it out. Seriously at this point, I am afraid to drive the bus. Too many scary times stranded alone on the side of a road, way too many years.

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship and my baby and I just had another huge fight and he just checked himself  into rehab, again.  He keeps making promises and breaking them and my heart, over and over.  All my friends tell me I should quit him, but I love him so much - and I have invested so much money and time, I want to give him one more try and work it out.  He's so sexy, so much fun and we have been together for 13 years now.  So many great times together.  So much fun to drive, when he runs!

Waiting for the tow truck to take it back
to the mechanic who rebuilt the engine 3 weeks ago.

That said, I am preparing an exit plan sooner than originally planned.  I'll fix it up nice, take it to a few car shows and then sell it with the hopes of breaking even on my total investment. Which I think I can, next year.

I am shopping for a nice travel trailer as the next project.  Want to see something awesome?  Check this out!  I will need a new truck to tow this giant thing.  DREAM BIG!  I even have been looking for land to park it on in Half Moon Bay and Pescadero.  This one is so nice, I could live in it.  I really have a soft spot in my heart for the Vintage Spartan Manor & Spartanette Trailers. I would need to live someplace with a big enough yard to park one and restore it there.

I will most likely start with a smaller vintage travel trailer that I can tow with my Honda 4 wheel drive Passport. Probably something vintage with a kitchen and a bathroom. I'll keep my Boomerang Bar and stick with the Leopard Ultra Lounge Tiki theme.  We will see.  It's good to know what you want.  I want to be able to take off to some beautiful place on the weekends and play music by the camp fire with silly, fun, talented people, in style and comfort until my dying day.

You may find me sitting somewhere in a dark corner at a live poetry slam or jazz set this weekend alone hopefully becoming invisible, but able to drink in beauty and hope from the San Francisco lights.  I'm hurting, but not giving up.  I need to get back on track with my eating and exercise, just in too much pain this week on many levels.  I'm really glad it's Friday.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  I'm spending mine most likely in bed and keep practicing "Getting out of body" so I can astral travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment