Friday, August 12, 2016

Healing with the power of BACON...

I lost 3 pounds this week.  Yay!  Considering the horrible symptoms, I am experiencing while I wait for my laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery to be done and over with.  It is a challenge to experience the change in hormones and how that effects your weight.  Living with an imbalance of estrogen, and other vital hormones, emotional eating is the most difficult thing to control for me right now. 
I lost 3 pounds!

One thing that is helping me stay on track is remembering, I cannot trust my feelings right now.  I need to be in robot mode to survive.  I still have to work and have a very stressful job, so as long as I stay in my head, and not eat or react to anything based on “Feelings” right now in my life, I will be okay.   

After my surgery is done and my body begins the adjustment, (I plan of keeping my ovaries and let nature take its course with me going into menopause) sounds less painful short term.

Think about it, do you think it is a good idea to base what you do (with exercise and food choices) on how you feel most days?   If you only do the right thing when you feel like it, how likely are you to lose your excess weight and keep it off for life?

Action for the day: Today, do what supports your WLS success. For example, don't base your decision to exercise on whether or not you feel like it. Do it because you have planned to do it. 

No excuses. The rest of the time I will stay in bed and saying no to almost anything that involves interacting with other humans. : )

This is how I am getting through this until my body finds balance again and heal.  I am back on the Carb Nite, and it really works for me.  It still feels weird to eat so much fat and lose weight and inches so fast.  When I start longing for sugar or flour based foods, I wait and eat them on my carb nite and then back to the usual Ketogenic lifestyle way of eating.  

The healing power of bacon is good.








No comments:

Post a Comment