Friday, August 19, 2016

Good News!

This week is I found an experienced surgeon who can do my surgery sooner than Oct.  My laparoscopic robotic hysterectomy is scheduled for Monday, September 12th in SSF.  Since I had a laparoscopic VSG surgery last year without any problems at all, I am certain this will be just as easy.

The doctor said it will take about two weeks to recover.  They also started me on HRT that seems to really be helping the other hellish symptoms.  For the first time in months, I feel like there is hope for me.

Of course this is right during the time when I had glamping vacations, shows and fun things planned. Non refundable tickets to music festivals, missing out on seeing friends and playing music, but all that matters is living without pain and improving my health.  I hope that once this is handled, that I will feel better than ever and be able to live a better quality life.  

As an experiment and personal therapy, I will be drinking beer and eating BBQ this weekend for the first time in over a year.  We will see how it goes. I expect to gain a couple pounds. Today I am holding steady at 216 lbs.  No gain, no loss to report.  I'm keeping my ovaries and may have to lose my cervix because the tumor is lodged the the wall next to it and has been causing me extreme pain.  I wonder how much a Uterus, Cervix and Fallopian tubes weigh?  : )
  
I'm happy to say goodbye to the angry girly parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment