Friday, August 26, 2016

HRT & VSG Success

I lost one more pound this week and two inches overall!  It's sort of a miracle because last weekend a dear friend and I rented a vacation house up on the Russian River in Cazadero, CA.  She has breast cancer and is at the end of her chemo-therapy.  She has lost all her hair and is very creative at head wraps and wearing fun wigs. We were a pair. I, the Fibroid, tumor suffering mess, she recovering from a lumpectomy and in the midst of full breast cancer recovery.

The house was nestled in the redwoods, had a hot tub and was a slice of heaven.  We attended an epic Beer & BBQ revival and had help from a friend to set-up a shade structure to stay out of the sun and shared it with many fun people.  Neither one of us really drank too much, surprisingly so. WE BOTH HAD A GREAT REASON TOO.  Another fun lady came up and we hung out and just had girl talk and cried, laughed and rested all weekend together.  Overall the weekend was healing, nurturing and lovely.

Modern Zen House, Cazadero, CA

On Monday, my doctor started me on a new HRT prescription to try and relive my horrible symptoms.  I must tell you right now, I FEEL AMAZINGLY BETTER THIS WEEK. The hormone replacement therapy is the best thing that has happened to me in years!  We finally found the right combination of patch and pill to balance me out hormone wise. I FEEL PRETTY DAMMED GOOD!

No mood swings, the cramping and excessive bleeding has stopped.  No night sweats or hot flashes, I have been sleeping a full nights rest! IT'S A MIRACLE!  I am not feeling bloated or nausea like I did on birth control pills. I think we found the right combination for my body.  It's all about quality of life.  The risks of HRT are scary when you read the label, but if you don't have cancer in your family history, and have tried every natural thing out there with no success, HRT is a very life changing helpful life improving experience.

For those who want to know what my doctor prescribed for me: I am on Estradiol 0.05mg Dis Alvo 7 day patch and I take one Norethin Ace 5mg Tab Teva in the morning daily.  So far so good.  I actually feel normal for the first time in many years.

If you are in your mid life and are obese and really suffering from fibroids and or peri-menopause hell, 
I recommend VSG & HRT.

The next step is hysterectomy surgery soon. I had to cancel all of my vacations plans and I am trying to sell my non-refundable tickets etc. so I can use my PTO from work for surgery recovery time off instead. I am lucky to have a great job with great health benefits when I need them the most. I feel like once these, the last of my serious health issues are handled, I will be better than ever.  I will be ready to make a life come back and start living happier, healthier and better then I ever have in my life.

I have had to fight to get a surgery date and to get the care needed.  I won't stop until I get the care I need, and it is finally paying off.  Handling my personal rig business and getting on with living a joyful, fun filled rest of my life is happening.  I am on the right path to health and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment