Friday, November 4, 2016

Fuckity, fuck.

I am not losing weight and we think that is may be due to my hormone replacement therapy patch.  It appears that my ovaries have shut down and I have entered into full menopause due to my hysterectomy.  I hear this happens. The weirdest part that no one saw coming was, I am experiencing what is called Menopausal Arthritis in all of my joints, especially my knees.  I hurt all over.  

My ovaries are intact, but I am experiencing ALL Of these weird symptoms. I am out of the horrible pain I was living with for years with uterine fibroids, but now feel like an 80 year old woman who can barely make it up and down a flight of stairs.  Fuckity, fuck.

It seems my choices are like this right now, Stay stuck half way to my weight loss goal and be a much more pleasant person on HRT with the patch as I go through the transition of life, or I stop taking the hormone patch and continue to make it to my weight loss goal but be a complete bitch the entire time. 

I am taking glucosamine, tumeric, along with all of the other supplements I take now.  I also am using Topricin Pain Relief Cream on my joints when it gets really bad. I am doing my best in choosing low carb anti-inflammatory diet to see if I can manage the joint pain and bust through this weight loss plateau, but I am certainly taking it a day at a time.  I am working with my doctor and for the sake of sanity, stay on the patch. We will see how it goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment