Friday, June 26, 2015

1 Month Post Op ~ I've Lost 27 lbs. so far!


It's been 1 month since my surgery and I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 27 pounds total so far! HOLY HAIRY BACON BALLS!  In only 4 weeks?  I CAN DIG IT.  You can see it in my face peeps are saying at work.  I do feel it in my clothes.  This is just the beginning.  : )

Many people have asked how long did I wait before I went back to work? Answer: I flew home on a Monday night from surgery, and was able to work the very next day from home and the rest of the week. (I do computer/desk work so it was not difficult) I went back into the office the next Monday without a problem.  Honestly, I have had no problems, just my mental learning curve.  I am following the doctors plan, and everything is healing and going well.

I am on soft foods and have had no problems at all this week.  I am getting used to what and how much/little and how fast/slow I can eat.  I have been able to drink more water too.  I have been sleeping great. 

I must say, having a tiny tummy gives me the reassurance that I am not going to over eat that is for sure, I LITERALLY CAN"T.  It's the best diet tool EVER!  People have been asking me what am I eating.  I have been logging my meals like this in my Gcal daily:

Breakfast: CLICK Espresso Protien Shake (Mocha)
Snack: 4 oz. Non-fat Greek Yogurt w/Fresh Blueberries
Lunch: 4 ozs. Chicken Tikka Masala Meat w/ curry sauce
Snack: 4 oz. Sugar-free Chocolate pudding
Dinner: 4 ozs. Pork Pot Stickers from Tams Restaurant (3 of them)
Snack: 1 No-Sugar added Fudgsicle & Double dose of Chewable Adult Multi-Vitamins.

I start the Couch to 5K beginners running plan tomorrow.  Each session should take about 20 or 30 minutes, three times a week.  I have the COUCH TO 5K APP on my phone to help.

"First off, you may be asking, "exactly how many miles is a 5K?" A 5K is 3.1 miles. We're here to help you achieve your goal of beginning to run your first 5K. Too many people have been turned off of running simply by trying to start off too fast. Their bodies rebel, and they wind up miserable, wondering why anyone would possibly want to run in the first place.

You should ease into your 5K training plan gradually. In fact, the beginners' program we outline here is less of a running regimen than a walking and jogging program. The idea is to transform you from couch potato to runner, getting you to begin running a 5K or 3.1 miles and on a regular basis in just two months.

It's easy to get impatient, and you may feel tempted to skip ahead in the program, but hold yourself back. Don't try to do more, even if you feel you can. If, on the other hand, you find the program too strenuous, just stretch it out. Don't feel pressured to continue faster than you're able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you're ready."
 
I also have been using the PACER Pedometer APP everyday to measure how many steps I get in daily.  It's making me way more aware of my movement.

I have back and neck problems, and still live with pain daily.  Nothing that 3 Motrin and laying flat on my back for an hour can't fix, but I am hoping to build my core strength as I lose the excess pounds with a goal to eventually make the pain completely subside and help me become strong enough to run a local 5K!   I used to love running everyday. I am going to take it slow and steady and stick with the program.  SO FAR SO GREAT!



1 comment:

  1. Hello there, what an awesome blog! can you please give me an update? I would love to hear how you are doing now..
    Kim

    ReplyDelete