Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Redheaded Dance Walk Funk Master by the beach...

The weirdest part about having a tiny tummy is that you just are not hungry.  I don't even think of eating.  Most the time if and when I feel empty, I'm thirsty not hungry.  I have had to force myself to eat this week.  I have been adding greens to my diet.  All I want to eat is soup.

From everything I have read, this is why so many people lose the majority of their weight the first year.  I can see why, I got on the scale this morning and it read 251 lbs.  THAT IS OFFICIALLY 30 POUNDS DOWN since my surgery weight 5 weeks ago. 

The hard part for me is getting my ass out and exercising. I also have been noticing that I have been more chilly than usual.  My housemate even said something to me last night.  I do notice I'm getting a little colder, so I've been wearing warmer clothes lately.  Maybe is cause I'm losing body weight?

I have been procrastinating on my walking/running.  Getting active is a challenge for me, but I love to dance and love the sunsets here in Pacifica, CA.  My super funk music mix motivates me to pick up the pace when I am out there.  Like these songs:


Back in the day, I used to club in San Francisco and find the Urban Funk spots that used to play this shit and dance my ass off all night, even on a week night, and still get to work by 9:00am the next day. THOSE WERE THE DAYS : )   Well, they still get my ass moving. So when I'm laying there unmotivated like a SLOG, I put on one of these songs and get in the mood to get my ass out there and take a hardy dance walk to see the sunset and get warmed up.

The other night I found myself dance walking with reckless abandon in my hood near the beach. I don't think I came close to Ben Aaron and the Dance Walk Guru Master.  They totally crack me up. 


I do feel happier than ever.  I'm actually seeing the scale go down and feeling smaller. IT'S WORKING!  I keep my short term goals at 10 pounds at a time.  I don't have a date or any event in mind for my goal weight of 145 lbs. I just know I will get there, just 10 pounds at a time. 

I have been doing a routine of Carb Cycling with the small calories I eat weekly. I found that helped me in the past. Here is the logic behind carb cycling that helped me understand it better by the adorable Darren Mcallan.


The Low Carb High Fat lifestyle, also was easier for me to follow, but I am not planning on being in Ketosis anytime soon.  I do keep my carbohydrates below 20 a day on low carb cycle days.  I find I feel much better when my insulin levels are lower.  I feel more in balance, and don't have the ups and downs hormonally that I used to have. I've noticed it helps relieve my stress levels.  I am much better under pressure and my mind is clearer.

There's a new happy freak in town and she's the fat cute redhead dance walking by a beach near YOU!








No comments:

Post a Comment