Saturday, June 6, 2015

VSG is way better than Fen-Phen

I've been home recovering from my VSG surgery for 8 days.  I'm really grateful I was able to work from home last week.  So, I began to develop a bad case of cabin fever and needed to get my ass out of the house last night.  

A fellow vocalist friend of mine and I got to yackin on the horn the other night. She was very knowledgeable in WLS advise.  She was getting over a bad cold and still had to do a gig this weekend (Poor grrl, I've been there : )  She invited me to her show at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, and a bunch of fun kooky other friends were going, so I went.

vocalist Suzanne Rose KICKS ASS!
Doesn't she look great!?!
I didn't dance, but had a total blast 
watching everyone else dance their bootys off. 
Thanks Suzanne for taking this photo of Patricia McGregor and I.
It was great to get out and hang with some of my favorite local peeps!  I drank cranberry juice all night and felt fine.  I remember driving home last night feeling clear headed, happy and ready for a good nights sleep.

It's totally weird.  Food does not look good to me right now.  I guess when they removed the entire lower majority of my stomach,  this included the "Ghrelin -   the "hunger hormone".  VSG may also a Metabolic surgery.

For those people out there who did really great on Fen-Phen back in the 90's (Like myself) and loved it.  It feels like that but without the buzz of uppers in your system.  With VSG you have no hunger, and you won't find yourself biting your lips, grinding your teeth and scrubbing down the grout with a toothbrush in your shower at 4:30am because you can't sleep.

Being free from hunger is a very liberating experience.  I'm not thinking about food at all, just what feels good in my healing tiny tummy.  It's a nice break from an old way of life.  This part is my favorite so far.  In my opinion, VSG surgery is WAY BETTER THAN FEN-PHEN! Fen-Phen was not sustainable, and oh yea, it was also jacking up heart valves and was taken off the market. I remember my heart was turbo charged back in those days, no wonder.   

If it's not sustainable, IT'S NOT MAINTAINABLE.
 ...but having a clean shower is still nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment