Friday, July 31, 2015

Week 9 ~ 36 Pounds & 17 ¼ inches Gone!

9 weeks ago I went over the border and had a sexy Mexican Surgeon remove 85% of my stomach, leaving me with a tiny tummy.  Since I have been on solid foods again, my tummy has been sensitive, but great overall.  I write down what I eat everyday, but basically I eat Protein first, Vegetables second and Carbs last.

I keep my carbs under 20 per day 3 days a week.  I take an antacid pill with my morning Protein shake and I'm good for the day.  I keep away from spicy foods, which is a 180 degree turn for me.  As of today:

I weigh 245 lbs. 36 pounds gone!
I have lost 17 ¼ inches total.
THAT'S 3 DRESS SIZES SMALLER FOLKS!

I have lost 3 dress sizes and have been forced to start buying clothes to wear.  I have been going to thrift stores, shopping on Ebay and online for cheap deals. 9 weeks ago I was wearing a size 3X T-shirt. 

Yesterday I received this Juggling Squirrel T-shirt Size XL, and it fit perfectly!


I have exactly 100 pounds to lose to reach my goal of 145 lbs.  The way I look at it is, I am focusing on reaching 239.  I eat a couple bits of something yummy and then see how it feels.  I can only take about 4 bites of anything and I'm done.  I do feel better all day after I have eaten meat these days.  The best part about this is, I DON'T THINK ABOUT FOOD ALL THE TIME LIKE I DID BEFORE.  I don't deprive myself anything at all, so I don't long for "Forbidden Foods."   I eat what makes my tummy feel good. 

I PHYSICALLY, LITERALLY CAN'T OVEREAT.  
That is as easy as it gets!

I know it's only 9 weeks in, and I hear the stories of other people who go through long  plateaus and struggle.  Compared to a lifetime of struggling, I am feeling awesome and this is way easier than I thought it would be.  Right now I am really getting smaller and people who haven't seen me in awhile see a difference in my size.  I AM HAPPY.

I'm noticing that I am doing other things I haven't done in years.  I am wearing jewelry and putting on eye make-up when I go out.  I HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN LIKE - FOREVER.  I hadn't bought something new to wear in a very, very long time because shopping when you are fat and broke is not a positive experience.   This is giving me a new lease on life in ways I didn't expect.  I AM BEGINNING TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL.

I have been trying to figure out what my new look will be. I am finding myself drawn to black leather more and more. : )  We will see what I end up looking like.  I am very happy with this success so far. The only regret I have is not doing this surgery sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment