Friday, August 21, 2015

12 Weeks ~ 3 Month VSG Post Op - 43 pounds down!

So last week I went out of town and indulged a little and thought for sure I would have gained weight, but thankfully nope I didn't.  My brain has been focusing on the next goal weight, TO GET TO THE 239lbs.  This morning when I got on the scale I weigh 238lbs.!   

 That is a total of 43 pounds lost in 3 months!

People are starting to notice the weight loss and mention it to me now.  I guess you can really see it in my face. Here is the most recent photo of me taken this week:

BEER SCHOOLING: Helping a friend rack her first home brewed beer.
Photo taken by Paul Mc Gregor on 8-19-15
REALLY GOOD HOME BREWED BEER!
It's one of the many reasons I got so big!

My dear friends Patricia Mc Gregor (to the left with her Porter), and Lisa Doyle to the right with the gray hair and plastic container in her hand (who will be racking her Red Ale on Sunday) HOORAY TO NEW HOME BREWERS!  Even though I don't drink beer or anything carbonated right now, I still support the beer makers!

I have been walking on my lunch hour during the weekdays, and I think this is totally speeding up my weight loss.  It was very exciting to lose more than expected in one week!  I have only 93 more pounds to lose until I make my goal weight of 145lbs.  I've lost a couple more inches as well.  SLOW BUT STEADY!  I am not hungry most of the time.  Food is no longer ruling my life.  I feel free and healthier.  Instead of nurturing, comforting or rewarding myself with food, I have been shopping for fun new cheap things to wear online from Ebay, Etsy and Amazon.  Suddenly trying on clothes is a positive experience.

Update: Here is one more photo from the weekend.  
My face is looking thinner.
Photo taken by Paul Mc Gregor on Sunday, August 23, 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment